A few items to add to your freezing weather checklist:
- Locate & learn how to operate your water shut off
- Keep cold air out
- Insulate pipes & hoses where exposed to cold air (porches, garage, barns, etc.)
- If a freeze is coming, insulate your meter box with old blankets, towels, etc.
- Turn off outside faucets, turn off & drain sprinkler systems
- If you plan to be away during a possible freeze, turn off your water meter & set your thermostat at a minimum of 65 degrees
- Leave faucets dripping only if you suspect pipes may freeze - If possible, capture the water for future use
- If you experience a power outage for 24 hours or more, stop dripping faucets & turn off your water at the meter box
December 21, 2022
Utility Customer Confidentiality
On June 18, 2021, Governor Greg Abbott signed HB 872 and declared it effective immediately. What does this mean for Stephens Regional Special Utility District...
October 04, 2022